Tuesday, March 8, 2011

America is still the Land of Dreams

The continuing poor economic situation really got me thinking about what America is all about and what it means to be an American.

I don't like to write about my family, but given the ugly situation in Wisconsin and elsewhere, I feel the urgent need to write about my wonderful wife and how she is realizing her dreams in America.

When I got divorced a few years ago, a friend advised me to take a broader perspective on potential partners than women in my local area. During my career, I've traveled the world many times and I've met a lot great people. So, I took his advice. I found a great woman in the Philippines.

We were married in May, 2007.

My wife opened a home day center in the fall of 2009. She found the regulations, she passed her state inspections, she acquired customers, and she served her customers well. Her customers love her.

In her first year in business, my wife netted over $40K. Not bad for a girl from the third world in her first year as a business woman in America.

We are now saving so that she can open a large day care center. She has dreams of opening many day centers. She will do it.

In her short time in America, my wife already knows that your dreams can come true. She has seen it. She has done it. Her dreams are coming true every day. She is thankful for being in America. Nothing will stop her.

Unfortunately, American leftists just don't get it. They are so tied up in their income distribution, collective bargaining nonsense that they can't see the real America. To them, the entire concept of America is lost in the haze of political nonsense.

My wife grew up in a one room bamboo hut. She picked root crops for her grandmother's family business. Her daily shower was pouring a bucket of water over her head.

Now she is a successful business woman in America.

In spite of the county's problems, America is still the land of dreams and opportunities. My wife has demonstrated this.

All I can say is: Shame on the lazy. Shame on the government bureaucrats. Shame on the political left. Shame on them all for trying to destroy this country and what America represents to humanity across the world.

Shame, shame, shame.

No comments: